How did you get into photography?
Having studied Fine Arts previously, I started shooting in 1999 when my grandmother gave me her old Olympus film camera. I was instantly drawn in by the power of creating images and enchanted by the way Photography gained me entry to new and exciting experiences.
- What is your favourite part about shooting weddings?
I love the party! A wedding day is so full of life and I love witnessing the couple, their family and friends celebrating together to great music.
- What photo are you most proud of taking, and why?
- I am most proud of capturing a stolen moment, the perfect light falling on faces and a moment of surprise.
- Any favourite spots for photography around Montreal?
I like Parc Jarry, the Plateau and Mile End for a more urban feel.
- What advice would you give to couples to get the best results from their photographer?
Relax and focus on the love for your partner. The best portraits will be the ones when you’re interacting naturally with each other. Have a glass of champagne and enjoy being the star of your special day. Don’t forget that when your photographer is experimenting and trying out different angles, locations and poses that they’re in creative mode. The best work comes from going out of one’s comfort zone!